Live in Nanny
It is expected that a professional Nanny has a Child Care qualification, degree or diploma (link to qualifications) that covers child development/care of children and/or recent past employment experiences indicative of a strong childcare theme as a career choice in paid employment in a relatable field; such as a SEN assistant, social worker, play therapist, children’s sports coach, camp counselor or have worked recently as a Nanny in the private sector before.
- Live in Nannies provide a flexible childcare solution with duty hours generally falling between Monday – Friday up to 12 hours each work day
- Accommodation, meals & utilities are covered by the employer
- Additional babysitting may be expected 2 nights per week (to be used between a Monday & Thursday)
Live out Nanny
It is expected that a professional Nanny has a Child Care qualification, degree or diploma that covers child development/care of children and or recent past employment experiences indicative of a strong childcare theme as a career choice in paid employment in a relatable field; such as a SEN assistant, social worker, play therapist, children’s sports coach, camp counselor or have worked recently as a Nanny in the private sector before.
- Live out Nannies commute daily to care for children in the family home
- Generally contracted to work a 10-11 hour work day
- Additional hours / babysitting is by arrangement & remunerated accordingly
- A Governess will take an interest in the child’s intellectual development, providing professional academic support in addition to expanding upon your child’s general knowledge, self-awareness and awareness of the world around them.
- A Kensington Governess will be by your child’s side ensuring that younger children are prepared & school ready & for those children already attending school, a dedicated governess will enhance the learning journey with invaluable 1:1 interaction
- A Nanny/ PA works in the family home providing a mix of childcare & PA duties
- A Nanny PA assists with arranging day to day necessities for the family ensuring the household runs smoothly, including but not limited to; managing schedules, running errands, planning & booking appointments, arranging travel & diaries, managing household accounts
(outside of the U.K)
- Nannies and Governesses who service our international market (Vacancies outside of the U.K) are required in addition to holding any childcare qualifications & previous childcare experience, to be adaptable, self-starters, sensitive & respectful of all cultures & customs, independent & flexible by nature.
- Days on duty, holiday entitlement, perks & salaries vary depending on the location & the individual family preferences.
- A Maternity Nurse is an experienced and qualified specialist in providing essential support, advice, care and respite to parents and new-born babies.
- They are on duty 24/6 or 24/5 (with a 4-hour non-contact time break) & manage their sleep schedule in line with the new-born.
- They ensure that the settling in period is a smooth, relaxed and highly enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
- They will have the knowledge on how to establish routines for the baby’s feeding and sleeping patterns if so required.
A male Nanny is often referred to as a “Manny”. They perform the same duties that are expected from a Nanny in a private household & are trained and/or experienced in child development & frequently come from some sort of sporting or educational background. Therefore, are well equipped for meeting a child’s social, educational, emotional and physical needs. They can be employed either on a live in or live out basis, the same as their female counterparts.